For a Fortune 100 Financial Services firm, Midtown Consulting Group delivered a new Planning & Budgeting process. The new environment used Oracle’s Hyperion product to improve practices and dramatically improve planning effectiveness.
The Midtown Consulting Group team leveraged internal control, data analysis and banking industry expertise to achieve the project’s objectives. The client realized improved metric credibility and stronger control over the Key Risk Indicators quantification process as a result of Midtown’s work.
TThe objective of the project was to deliver a planning application, business process design and an organization readiness roadmap that would provide the client a more seamless, repeatable and more informative planning and budgeting tool(s) to raise productivity.
The Midtown Consulting team developed and managed the execution of the shared services migration:
- Instituted program management, project management and developed custom end-user reporting.
- Developed system and process requirements, identified opportunities to automate data sourcing.
- Created SharePoint site that provided planners a budget and planning portal to inventory training materials, policies and procedures and budget templates.
- Established, developed and implemented the training program for end users throughout the United States.
- Leveraged Oracle’s SmartView product to reduce budget planners cycle times to enter and revise data.
- Delivered a centralized tool-set for Workforce Planning and Capital Expenditures that roll up into an expense module.